Program for 10th and 11th of May 2014 (RMAC, Johannesburg)
Saturday 10 May
1. 08:00 – 09:00 Registration
2. 09:00 – 09:30 Aeroplane scrutineering. (standard quickies : minimum prop size 9 inch, motor and pipe / exhaust combination / functional carburettor / wings on high wing planes to be secured by metal bolts)
3. Pilots briefing 09:30
4. 10:00 – 14:00 Racing (Standard Quickies – 6 rounds; if we finish before 14:00 with standard quickies, we will start with a few rounds of Hots (F3R)
5. 14:30 SAMPRA AGM (clubhouse).
Sunday 11 May
1. 11:30 Pilots briefing
2. 12:00 Racing (complete Hots races, and proceed with Q40 (F3T)
3. Scores and Awards.
To cover expenses, an entry fee of R100-00 is payable for the first class, and R50 per additional class. Pilots MUST BE paid up SAMAA members. Entry fees payable on the day with registration. (no pay, no play…)
General: Please ensure that you and your caller wear protective headgear (no-one allowed on the course without a hard hat / helmet). SAFETY FIRST – This is unfortunately not negotiable!
We would also like to invite any SAMAA member who have some sort of quickie 500 to come and join in the fun. I understood that there are actually quite a few Pattern guys with quickies, and would SAMPRA be very happy to have you attending this event!! (Stokkies – you planned to fly that weekend anyway….!).
Please let me know by latest Thursday whether you will be attending, and which classes you will be flying. (Standard quickies,Hot quickies and / or Q40). This will make the registration process much quicker.(email@example.com)
There will be some time available for test flying on Saturday morning (between 08:00 and 09:30). The sooner you register, the sooner you can test fly, however we need to stick to the above timelines.
Fuel is provided
See you there!
Go fast, turn left!!